We go our own way with competence and integrity. The strong characters of our teams act in harmony with our core values - the basis for outstanding value creation.
Careers at MainFirst – laying the foundations for tomorrow, today
As a financial services provider, we are enjoying exceptional growth. Because our teams are entrepreneurial thinkers. Because striving for quality is part of our culture. And because we do not rest on our collective success – we are always interested in meeting talented new professionals. From young talents to experienced specialists. People who want to achieve more in life.
We have a very exciting entry level opportunity to join our location in Zurich
MAINFIRST AFFILIATED FUND MANAGERS (SWITZERLAND) AG is an independent European multi-investment boutique with an active management approach. The firm manages mutual funds and individual special mandates. With its multi-boutique approach, it focuses on investment strategies in the selected asset classes equities, fixed income, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. Experienced portfolio management teams with long-standing track records develop strategies with a high active share and individual investment processes. The firm thus combines the expertise and flexibility of focused investment teams with the strengths and clearly defines processes of a broad-based international platform.
As an entry level position, we are searching for a Portfolio Analyst to join the Emerging markets investment team in Zurich. Part-time employment is possible, minimum 50% is required. As a valued member of our team you will deliver high quality support to everyday tasks of the desk and liaise with key partners across the firm.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for generating monthly standardized reports and marketing material.
- Handle adhoc client requests and support business development by providing accurate information regarding our strategies to our sales partners.
- Design tools to automate procedures and improve the efficiency of the desk.
- Perform bespoke Attribution Analysis according to the needs and processes of the team.
- Manage ad-hoc fund manager requests such as peer group analysis, consistency versus benchmark etc.
- Engage in project work to support the team research and development efforts. This responsibility can take many forms depending on the team needs and the individual interests and skills.
As a suitable candidate you ideally fulfil the following requirements:
- Excellent academic degree with a focus on Finance, Economics or Engineering.
- Some previous work experience in financial services is necessary.
- Passion about Emerging markets. Solid understanding of financial markets and particularly fixed income.
- Ability to handle large datasets and produce accurate results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Excellent Excel skills. VBA knowledge desirable.
- Bloomberg knowledge is highly desirable, but not necessary.
- Fluency in English and/or German. Any other European language will be considered an advantage.
Please send your detailed application, stating your possible starting date and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Send us your CV and become a part of MainFirst.
+49 69 2443744 20